NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) 2019 is a National Level Examination conducted by NCERT (National Council of Education Research and Training) to provide the scholarship to the deserving candidates. This exam is for secondary school level to identify and recognize students with high intellect and skills. The examination is conducted every year at 2 levels: Stage 1 (State level) and Stage 2 (National level).
- Registration process will begin from Second week of September 2018.
- NTSE stage 1, exam will be held on November 03 and 04, 2018 andstage 2, exam will be conducted on May 12, 2019.
- The papers are conducted through offline mode only and have objective type questions only.
- For both stages, exam is divided into two parts i.e. Mental Ability Test (MAT), and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
Every year around 1,200,000 to 1,400,000 students appear for the examination, while only 5000 students are selected for stage 2. Out of these 5000 students only 1000 candidates are selected for the scholarship.
Scholarship: one thousand scholarships are awarded for different stages of education as follows:
- Scholarship of Rs.1250/- per month for Class-XI to XII.
- Scholarship of Rs.2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Post-graduates.
- Amount of Scholarship for Ph.D. is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
NTSE 2019 Highlights
|Conducting Body||NCERT (National Council of Education Research and Training)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of Exam||120 Minutes ( For each part)|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective Type Questions (Stage 1: 200 Questions), (Stage 2: 200 Questions)|
|Sections||2 (Mental Ability Test and Scholastic Ability Test)|
NTSE 2019 Exam Dates
NTSE 2019 stage 1 will schedule to be conducted on November 03, 2018. Interested candidates can apply from Second week of September 2018. The NTSE exam schedule is given below:
|NTSE 2018 Application Forms for Stage 1||Second week of September 2018|
|NTSE 2018 Stage 1 Admit Card||October 2018|
|NTSE 2018 Stage 1 Exam Dates|
|Examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Andaman and Nicobar Island||November 03, 2018 (Saturday)|
|Examination in all other States and Union Territories except West Bengal||November 04, 2018 (Sunday)|
|West Bengal||November 18, 2018 (Sunday)|
|NTSE 2018 Stage 2 Exam Date||May 12, 2019 (Sunday)|
NTSE 2019 Eligibility
There are certain criteria laid out by CBSE that one should keep in mind before applying for the exam. NTSE Eligibility Criteria for each stage differs. The detailed criteria are provided below.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria (Stage 1)
- Candidates must be an Indian national.
- Class X students can also apply for Stage 1.
- A minimum of 60% marks Class IX is required. SC, ST and PH candidates will need 55% marks in Class IX.
- Candidate must be studying in a recognized school in their respective State or Union Territory.
- Those who are registered in Open Distance Learning (ODL) program will also be considered eligible if they are below 18 years of age (as on July 1, 2018) and are not employed when they appear for Class X exam.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria (Stage 2)
- Candidates will need 80% marks or above in the State level exam, to be considered eligible.
- Every student who secures the minimum required marks in Stage II will be eligible for the scholarship program.
Courtesy: College Dunia