Large parts of rural areas in the country are not stand-alone settlements but part of a cluster of settlements, which are relatively proximate to each other. These clusters typically illustrate potential for growth, have economic drivers and derive locational and competitive advantages. To enable cluster based development with a rural soul and urban amenities, Rurban Mission has been playing a pivotal role. The Mission follows the vision of “Development of a cluster of villages that preserve and nurture the essence of rural community life with focus on equity and inclusiveness without compromising with the facilities perceived to be essentially urban in nature, thus creating a cluster of “Rurban Villages”.
Objective of the Challenge
Rurban Innovation Challenge is a step forward in identifying and seeking innovative solutions in order to facilitate ease of living in Rural India through world-class amenities. Start-ups, Innovators and citizens are invited to share innovative solutions in the following areas:
- Collection and treatment of Solid Waste in Villages
- Village Sewage/ Liquid Waste treatment and its reuse
- Improved accessibility of road transport to increase personal mobility and agriculture production
- Cost effective approach to Street lighting for road safety and reduction in crime after dark
- Ways to improve healthcare services in villages
- Facilitating Digital Literacy at Village level to bridge digital divide in the country
- Creating Employment Opportunities and amenities for Rural Youth
- Facilities and infrastructure for women in Rural India
- Start Date : 24th March, 2018
- End Date : 13th April, 2018
Top 10 selected ideas will get a certificate signed by the CEO of MyGov
- Any correspondence with the participant will be done through an email provided by the participant at the time of filling the application form. MyGov is not liable in case of email delivery failures.
- For any queries, please send an email to: email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- The write up should either be submitted in Hindi or English.
- In case, submission is in any other language, it must be accompanied with translation in either Hindi or English.
- It is strongly advised not to wait till the closure time for submission of entries. MyGov shall not be responsible for late/ non receipt of entries on account of server errors/ traffic.
- MyGov reserves the right to select or reject any submission without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- MyGov is not liable to give clarification for not selecting any of the submissions.
- The decision of the Evaluation Panel will be final. No communication will be entered into with any person in relation to any decision of the panel or process.
Registration Form for Rurban Innovation Challenge Login here
For more details, visit https://innovate.mygov.in/rurban-innovation-challenge/